2015 Freshman Service Experience
Please note, this event is for freshman students only. If you are not a freshman student, please do not continue with this registration. The deadline to register is August 12 at 4:30 PM.
Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Freshman Service Experience brought to you by the Center for Service & Civic Engagement in the Office of Leadership and Student Involvement at Old Dominion University. Freshman Service Experience is designed to give incoming freshman students to Old Dominion University the chance to move in early, meet their participating peers and upperclassmen Volunteer Leaders, and engage in their new community by performing service in the Hampton Roads with their fellow Monarchs.
Please see the schedule below for the schedule of events and note the dinner and entire day of service are required if you want to participate.
If you are not signed in to Monarch Link, click on "Sign in and Register to RSVP to this event." Then, click "Yes" under "Will you be attending?" and fill out the registration form.
You will receive more information about early move-in registration and more information about the Freshman Service Experience in the coming weeks.
There is no cost to be a part of FSE. All that we ask is that you eximplify what it means to be a Monarch Citizen by arriving on time to each function and serving your best!
Freshman interested in the Freshman Service Experience click here to register. Under "Will you be attending?" select "Yes."
If you are an upperclassman or faculty/staff member interested in serving as a Volunteer Leader, please contact Lacy Jaudon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to apply.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com or 757-683-3446.
FSE Schedule of Events
Thursday, August 20, 2015
- 9AM-12 PM: Freshmen living on campus get to beat the rush and move in a day early (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a different time this day)
- 7 PM to 9 PM (required): Welcome Celebration with all FSE participants (Freshmen living on campus, freshmen living off campus, and FSE Volunteer Leaders)
Friday, August 21, 2015 - Day of Freshman Service Experience (all day required)
- 8:30 AM: Check in
- 9 AM: Welcome and grab-n-go breakfast
- 9:30 AM: Load buses and travel to service locations
- 10 AM - 12 PM: Service at various locations
- 12:30 PM: Arrive back to campus
- 12:45 PM: Lunch and Reflection