New Student Organization Application
So you want to start a new student organization at Mines? Great! Here's what you'll need to do:
1) Check the list of existing organizations and make sure your club doesn't already exist.
2) Compile a list of at least 10 interested members. Here's a handy form for you to use! You'll need to scan in and upload your list to this application form when prompted.
3) Find a faculty advisor and get their contact information.
4) Draft By-Laws. By-Laws establish the structure and function of your organization and are required for all organizations. A sample set of by-laws is listed under 'Files' on the student activities portal for your reference.
5) Complete the New Student Organization Application Form. Once your form is completed, your advisor will be contacted for their approval. You may also be contacted by the Student Activities Office to make adjustments to your organization.
6) If your application is approved (please allow up to 5 business days for approval) you will be contacted to set up a meeting with BSO Exec to walk you through processes at Mines (including USG funding), general organization management, and answer any questions you may have.