After Hours Request Form
Guidelines for Sponsoring an After-Hours Event
The Student Life & Leadership Office seeks to support all groups, clubs and organizations as they provide activities on campus for their members and the general student population. As part of our commitment to build and maintain strong relations with the support services required for activities, we issue the following guidelines for any group requesting to hold an on-campus activity after hours.
1. Activities held regular business hours are strongly discouraged.
2. Groups desiring to schedule after normal business hours may request for an additional hour(s) on a limited basis.
3. The request and justification will go to the Advisor to Clubs for clubs and all others go to the Director of Student Life & Leadership for review and approval.
4. The SLL Event Planning form and approval processes must be followed and security notified when needed by the group requesting the event.
If a group is given approval to schedule their event for an additional hour(s) after midnight the group will pay “after-hours” fees to supplement the additional staff necessary to cover the event.
The approximate total charge at Taylorsville Redwood Campus is $55.00 per hour. This may be slightly different at other SLCC sites. The fee includes the following services:
- $30.00 for each additional hour of officer coverage at the event
- $15.00 for facilities services
- $10.00 Student Center Manager charge for the overtime of this staff person
PLEASE NOTE: If the event is a large-scale event and requires two officers the hourly charge will be $85.00 per hour (adding the second $30 officer charge to the existing $55)
Groups will be charged on an hourly basis even if the event is schedule to end on the half hour.