10/2/2013 ACM Meeting
Oct 2, 2013 by Alexander Addy
Case Western University’s ACM Chapter is hosting a conference on their campus on Oct 26-27
- lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday, as well as a Link-State 2013 Conference t-shirt.
- For more information go to http://acm.case.edu/acm/conference
What’s up with the SIG’s?
SIG Gaming Chair Nick Thompson
- We looked at come pretty cool computer cases
- Still working on a room for the first LAN.
- Child’s Play is on November 23rd
- Meetings before ACM General Meeting 4:00-4:30
SIG Comp Chair Alex Addy
- Muskingum University Programming Competition Results
- Our qUArk team took 2nd place and our qUAck team took seventh nice job guys!
3 379 0/-- 1/19 0/-- 8/-- 0/-- 1/132 0/-- 1/228 11/3 Aaron and Andrew
2 348 0/-- 1/37 0/-- 0/-- 0/-- 4/251 0/-- 0/-- 5/2
Riley and Cory
- ACM ECNA RPC ICPC ← lol on November 8 and 9
- Get on irc to discuss problems and ask questions during the week.
- Diebold Akron Competition Information.
Friday, October 11th from 12PM to 5PM
M155 Polsky Hall Lab
Register at the Engineering Career Fair, Career Services or the Engineering Co-op Office. Must be a current undergraduate student at The University of Akron.
Late registration at the door until 1:30PM
1st prize: $500
2nd prize: $250
3rd prize: $50
All participants receive free t-shirts and giveaways. Food and refreshments provided.
- As usual practice will be Friday at 6pm to 10pm
SIG Linux Chair Walter Wolfe
- How to make a share folder in apache
- Meeting right after ACM General meeting 5:00
Membership is $10 per semester (Officers and SIG Chairs are exempt from paying)
- Paid members get access to the research machine
- Members have the ability to vote
- Access to the ACM library located CAS 254