SIG Gaming/ UAkronStarcraft/ UAkronLeagueOfLegends
Sep 28, 2012 by Nicholas Bordo
-The October Month LAN is tentatively schedule for the 20th. That floor was reserved for the 27th so we are having to move it forward a week.
General Team Announcments:
- PLEASE REGISTER ON OR SYNC FOR THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMPUTING MACHINERY IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY: https://orgsync.com/36260/chapter
-The CSL Released new information about the League and what is going to be happening for this years season. For full details about this season of the CSL go to www.cstarleague.com and read the announcment about the Azubu Collegiate Champions or click this link.
- Registration for new CSL teams begins on Oct 2nd and goes until the end of the month.
-if you haven’t already, make sure that you have created accounts on the CSL webpage and the Azubu webpage so that registration can go smoothly.
UAkronStaracraft: We are just going to be covering the format for the CSL and how competing/registration is going to work.
- Overview of the Format
- There will be two matches played each week, I believe this means against two different schools each week, and we will play on match on Saturday and then one on Sunday. Matches are estimated to last 2-3 hours and because of the “limited time we will play through holidays and exam periods.”
- The format is going to be 3 1v1’s, a 2v2, and then one ace match. All of the matches will be played at the same time in order to save time. Each player will only be playing once per match unless an ace player is needed.
-The players for these matches will be decided, by me, 6 days before the games are going to be played. Each player will have to lock in to a specific race, random is permitted, but the race that was put on the submitted lineup is the race that the player will have to play in their game.
-Maps have not yet been announced, but they will most likely be ladder maps and any other maps from major tournaments.
-Each region is going to compete with teams only in that region and the winners in each region will be flown out to Southern California for the grand finals. Regions include North America, Europe, and Asia.
-For more information on rules and format go to the CSL homepage or http://www.cstarleague.com/rules
-Practice for this week will be at the same time. Thursday night at 8:00pm then Saturday practice will be at 11:00am. Practices will start at those times, but it is likely myself or others will be in there before just hanging out.Meet in Chat Channel UAkronStarcraft and the Raidcall group UAkronStarcraft.
UAkronLeagueOfLegends: This meeting will cover basic administrative things as well as account creation for CSL and Azubu. Teams will also be tentatively decided, as roster changes are allowed.
- Since the registration date for the LoL CSL is now the same as the Starcraft league we going to also be able to create a LoL team.
-If anyone knows of people who play LoL that would like to compete please have them send an email to UAkronLeagueOfLegends.
-There will be a meeting tentatively planned for Monday October 1st around 5 place to be determined.
- We can field as many teams as we have the people for
- Game Type: 5v5 on Summoner’s Rift
- Game Length: As long as they have to to obtain a winner
- Each team will have a captain (who does the banning) and a team coordinator (organizes his/her team’s matches and makes sure that the results are reported)
- Series will be in either Best of 1 (Bo1) or Best of 3 (Bo3) format
- Each region is going to compete with teams only in that region and the winners in each region will be flown out to Southern California for the grand finals. Regions include North America, Europe, and Asia.