ACM General Assembly Meeting -- Wednesdays @ 4:00 PM
Sep 4, 2012 by Robert Studenic
According to the poll results, the most popular time is Wednesdays, each week at 4:00PM. Please try to attend this meeting if possible so we can get a good count of all the members we have to for the semester and bring any friends that would be interested in joining!
If the attendance is poor, we can try again to settle on a time from the other highly polled results.
- New Semester -- Meet and Greet old and new members
- Meet the Officers!
- Big Events for the Fall semester (Yes, Child's Play)
- Nominations for SIG chairs for the new academic year (SIGCOMP, SIGGAMING, SIGLINUX, SIGSTARCRAFT)
- Member Fees will be collected for members, $10 dollars per semester.
Breaking down what you get for being an ACM member:
- Access to the ACM research machine for any projects (SSH access from off campus, cheaper than any VPS service)
- Access to the ACM robotics cabinet for any projects
- Hosting of projects or project management from the main ACM server, (svn, git, tracs, etc)
- Reduced pricing for ACM events as members
- Buttons and swag for being an ACM member
- Swipe card access to CAS and the graduate research lab (Please have your UAnetID and student ID available for this)
- Supporting the ACM to remain as a student organization to bring awesome events and activities to UA!
Hope to see you all tomorrow!