2014-2015 SGA University Program Council Application
The SGA University Program Council is the programming branch of the UNA Student Government Association.
What We Are Seeking:
UPC seeks creative, energetic, and responsible student leaders who desire to enhance the UNA community by planning and leading exciting campus programs and traditions. Participation provides members the opportunity to gain valuable leadership skills in such areas as: special events planning, creative problem solving, teamwork, negotiation, program marketing & promotion, and much more.
The purpose of the UPC is to exist for the students, provide an opportunity for student voices to be heard, and to unite these voices into a common goal. This goal shall be to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate a wide array of activities for the UNA Shoals Community.
The mission of the University Program Council of the University of North Alabama is to enhance the cultural and educational capital of students through planning innovative events that promote unity, entertainment, service and tradition.
Active participation in the planning and execution of various events is expected. All UPC members are required to have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.25 as outlined in UNA Student Government Code of Laws. Each member will work within their job description capacity and is expected to take full responsibility of all aspects of said position.
Before completeing this application, please read through the SGA Code of Laws (specifically Title V regarding membership of the University Program Council).
Requirements as a UPC Voting Delegate:
- May NOT serve on any other branch of SGA including SGA Senator, Freshman Forum member, etc.
- Must commit to attend weekly UPC meetings (Mondays @ 3:30pm).
- Must actively serve on a Standing UPC Committee.
- Must commit to attend weekly committee meeting.
- Must actively support & participate in UPC events.
- Must attend SGA summer retreat or Training session during the school year
- Consistently follows the SGA bylaws regarding UPC (including the attendance policy).