Open House Exhibits
Mar 5, 2015 by Bill Harlan
FROM: Zach May, Coordinator, Student Life Exhibits
SUBJ: 2015 K-State Open House, student life exhibits
K-State will present the 36th annual All-University Open House on Saturday, April 11th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Open House is one of K-State’s largest attractions of the year. It is an opportunity for us to inform the public about the university, maintain contact with alumni, and recruit new students. This year’s theme is, Unfold Your Future!
We invite campus entities and student organizations to have a display in the K-State Student Union. If you are interested in securing space in the K-State Student Union, please fill out the request form:
Please note: If you are a student organization or department in the College of Arts & Sciences, you should NOTcomplete this form. A representative from the dean’s office will send you a separate communication to detail how to request space.
The deadline to register for Open House is Monday, March 23. It is important that you complete your reservation as soon as possible. Space is limited, and we will prioritize reservations in the order that they are received.
We encourage everyone to use innovative and interactive displays, please keep the following in mind:
- All student organizations and Greek organizations will receive a 3 x 3 ft. table or share a 6 or 8 ft. table as space allows. Please plan your displays accordingly.
- We must know if your group will be using electrical equipment (computers, interactive screens, etc.). Building engineers will ensure that electricity is distributed according to your needs. The actual equipment is your responsibility to rent or borrow.
- Extension cords and power strips will be available on Saturday morning, April 11th, at the Open House Information Table (near the entrance to Bosco Student Plaza). Please note the following: cords will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will be checked out to one member of your organization and must be returned and checked in at the end of the day. A bill for missing cords will be sent to the member responsible.
- Signs, posters, or banners can be hung from the ceiling only if a Union staff member assists you. No tape or pinsare allowed on the wallpapered walls of the Union. Masking tape may be used on Union walls that are rock; however, the tape generally does not stick well.
- Sign holders will be available at the Union Saturday morning, April 11th, at 7 a.m. However, the number is limited, and reservations for these items are not taken. Please plan another way to hang your signs in the event all of them are gone. An easel is an easy way to avoid the hassle.
- The sale of items or fundraising at booths is prohibited. Open House is designed to portray life at K-State and promote our organizations, we do not want to be pressuring spectators to donate money.
- When setting up displays, keep in mind that traffic flow is always tight. We will have visitors with disabilities as well as guests with baby strollers moving through the Union. Please try to make pathways as accommodating as possible.
- Your organization may set up its display Friday evening, April 10th, from 6 to 10 pm, as well as Saturday morning, April 11th, from 7 to 9 a.m. All displays must be set up by 9 a.m. and must remain in place until 3 p.m. Please make arrangements for a member of your organization to be at your display at all times during Open House. Failure to do so may result in the loss of Union space to your organization at next year’s Open House.
- Tables not occupied by 9 a.m. will be reassigned.
- If your group makes a table reservation but at some point decides not to participate, PLEASE NOTIFY ME ASAP!
Additionally, we would love to have members of your organization volunteer at Open House. Volunteers are needed to help with the university-wide offerings and at the college and departmental level. Volunteers have the chance to be part of one of the university’s largest annual events and are a great help to all of your fellow Wildcats. Please encourage the members of your organization to attend Open House and learn more about what K-State has to offer. It is also a great time to spend with friends and family.
If any members of your organization are interested in volunteering, please contact:
Open House Co-Chair,
Core Committee Volunteer Coordinator,
Check www.k-state.edu/openhouse/events for updates on Open House events.
Now it’s up to you! Have fun! If you have any questions or concerns, we can be reached at email@example.com. You may also direct questions to the Office of the Vice President for Student Life at 532-6237. We hope to see you all at Open House!
Kansas State University | Industrial Engineering '17
Open House Core | Student Life Exhibits Coordinator
FarmHouse Fraternity | Treasurer