Level I Instructions
Effective December 24, 2013
What you will need before you begin
- approximately 20 minutes of time
- access to a computer webcam (or your iPhone camera)
- your drivers license
Completing the Learn To Be Tutor Application:
1. If you have not already, please create an account on the Learn To Be site at http://www.learntobe.org/users/sign_up. You need not go through the "Getting Started" at this point. After creating your account, please return here to complete your application.
2. Your application will be filled out on OrgSync. If you are not already logged in, create an OrgSync account via http://learntobe.org/register.
3. Fill out the application by going to http://www.learntobe.org/application (please remember to be logged into OrgSync). Please use the same email on this tutor application that you used in creating your Learn To Be account or the processing of your application may be delayed.
4. Complete the tests (instructions below) in the subjects that you have applied to tutor within 48 hours of submitting your application.
- To get certified, you are to take the algebra test, go to http://learntobe.org/algebra
- Your scores should be instantly available. You can have a second try.
Language Arts test
- Go to http://learntobe.org/la
- Please be careful as what is colloquially correct may not be grammatically correct.
- Go to http://learntobe.org/science
- Our cut-offs for multiple choice tests are very high, usually close to 90%.
5. After submitting your application, we will contact you within 5 days and if selected, you will receive further instructions.
Thank you so much for applying to be a Learn To Be Certified Tutor!
If you have any questions regarding the status of your application, feel free to contact us at email@example.com