Cheer Squad/Mascot Application
This application is for any person interested in trying out for the 2014-2015 Cheer Squad and Mascot positions. Tryouts for the 2014-2015 season will be held Friday and Saturday April 25 & 26, 4:00-8:00pm Friday and 10:00am- 2pm Saturday. Tryout Location: Salt Lake Community College, Taylorsville Redwood Campus, 4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT. In the Lifetime Activities Center (LAC) Arena. The Lifetime Activities Center is located on the northwest side of campus near the tennis courts and softball diamond. There is a $20 tryout fee, however if you attend the stunt clinics April 14 &16 6:30-8:30pm you will pay $5 for each and this will waive part of the tryout fee.
**Cuts may be made throughout the day, if judges see fit.
- NO videotaping of tryout material will be allowed
- Tryouts and Clinics are closed to the public (only participants, coaches, and judges will be allowed into the gym during these times)
- Cell phones must be turned off during tryouts and clinics
- Safety is the number one priority. If a participant is jeopardizing the safety of themselves or others, they will be asked to leave.
- Only those who have turned in the proper paperwork will be allowed to participate in the clinics and tryouts.
Please bring the following with you to tryouts or upload them to this site:
• • Letter of Recommendation - in a SEALED envelope
• A current photo (that will not be returned, if one was not uploaded to OrgSync with your application)
• A copy of your high school or college transcript
Girls should to have a back handspring, a standing back tuck, a running round-off back handspring; and should to have a toss to hands and liberty for stunting
Guys should to have a toss to hands and liberty for stunting
Questions? Contact: Tiffany Boulter - SLCC Head Cheer Coach firstname.lastname@example.org or Brandi Mair- Cheer Advisor, 801-957-4652, email@example.com
In order to try out for the cheerleading squad and/or mascot position, participants must do the following:
* Have a current 2.5 cumulative and semester/term GPA (in their Salt Lake Community College GPA)
* Be a high school graduate or on track to graduate by the current semester's end.
* If chosen, be willing to commit for the full year (summer, fall, and spring semester)
* Have a letter of recommendation completed by your most recent cheerleading or dance coach. If
you have never cheered/danced before, then any athletic coach or supervisor will do.
* Bring in or submit a copy of your high school or college transcript (does not need to be official although it
does need to be current)
* Completed tryout application done on OrgSync and this includes signature(s) for liability release (to be completed at tryouts)
1. Please wear formfitting clothing that is modest. It should be clear of cheer or dance team logos as to not influence the judges. (see "Suggested Apparel" below)
2. It is a good idea to bring food and drink with you to tryouts. This day will be stressful and participants won't be allowed to leave during it.
3. Make sure you are putting yourself out there during the clinic as well as the tryout itself. Judges may be in attendance for all or part of the clinic and they will be watching how well you are working as well as your interactions with others.
4. Make sure you are always alert to those around you. Safety is the #1 priority and we want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time.
5. We strongly suggest attending our stunt clinics prior to tryouts (more info on website). This will help you get an idea of what is expected and give you practice time with other participants.
Top: Any form fitting t-shirt or tank top that is free of cheer/dance team logos
Bottom: Shorts that are free of pockets & strings
**Please note: for modesty reasons, girls must wear biking shorts underneath**
Shoes: Cheerleading shoes are best. If not, any athletic shoes will do
***No jewelry of any kind will be allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) belly button rings, earrings, necklaces, rings, etc.
(These guidelines are the same for both male cheerleaders and mascot tryout participants.)
Top: Any t-shirt or athletic top that is free of cheer/dance team logos
Bottom: Basketball-type athletic shorts are best
Shoes: Any athletic shoes will do
*** No jewelry of any kind will be allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) belly button rings, earrings, necklaces, rings, etc.
There will also be a stunt clinic will be Monday, April 14 and Wednesday,16 6:30-8:30pm. At this clinic you can learn some of the things you will need to do at tryouts and be able to practice with other individuals who are trying out. There will be a $5 per stunt clinic, if you attend both stunt clinics your $20 tryout fee will be partially covered.