Cheer Squad/Mascot Application
This application is for any person interested in trying out for the 2015-2016 Cheer Squad and Mascot positions. Tryouts for the 2015-2016 season will be held June 8 & 9 5pm-9pm. Tryout Location: Salt Lake Community College, Taylorsville Redwood Campus, 4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT. In the Lifetime Activities Center (LAC) Arena. The Lifetime Activities Center is located on the northwest side of campus near the tennis courts and softball diamond. There is a $20 tryout fee.
**Cuts may be made throughout the day, if judges see fit.
In order to try out for the cheerleading squad and/or mascot position, participants must do the following:
- Have a current 2.5 cumulative and semester/term GPA.
- Be a high school graduate or on track to graduate by the current semesters end.
- If chosen, be willing to commit for the full year (summer, fall, and spring semester).
- Have the online letter of recommendation printed off and filled out preferably by your most recent cheerleading or dance coach. If you have never cheered/danced before, then any athletic coach or supervisor/teacher will do.
- Bring in a copy of your high school or college transcript (does not need to be official although it does need to be current).
- Your release forms filled out and signed. Signed by parents if under 18.
- Completed online tryout application (This MUST be submitted online).
- A current 4x6 photo (that will not be returned).
- $25 tryout fee.
- NO videotaping of tryout material will be allowed.
- Tryouts and Clinics are closed to the public.
- Cell phones must be turned off during tryouts and clinics.
- Safety is the number one priority.
- Video tryouts must be cleared by SLCC cheer coach beforehand.
- Only those with correct paperwork turned in are allowed to participate.
- $25 Tryout Fee. (Pre tryout clinic money will go toward your tryout fee)
Please bring the following with you to tryouts or upload them to this site:
A current photo (that will not be returned)
An up-to-date high school or college transcript
Your SEALED letter of recommendation from past coach or supervisor
Your release forms found on SLL website
Questions? Contact: Tiffany Boulter - SLCC Head Cheer Coach email@example.com or Brandi Mair- Cheer Advisor, 801-957-4652, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please wear formfitting clothing that is modest. It should be clear of cheer or dance team logos as to not influence the judges. (see "Suggested Apparel" below)
- It is a good idea to bring food and drink with you to tryouts. This day will be stressful and participants won't be allowed to leave during it.
- Make sure you are putting yourself out there during the clinic as well as the tryout itself. Judges may be in attendance for all or part of the clinic and may be making first cuts if they see fit.
- Make sure you are always alert to those around you. Safety is the #1 priority and we want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time.
- We strongly suggest attending our stunt clinics prior to tryouts. This will help you get an idea of what is expected and give you practice time with other participants as well as time to talk with coaches.
- Any form fitting black t-shirt or tank top that is free of logos & a sports bra.
- Black shorts and/or compression shorts.
- Cheerleading shoes are best. If not, any athletic shoes will do.
- *No jewelry of any kind will be allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) belly button rings, earrings, necklaces, rings, etc.
- (These guidelines are the same for both male cheerleaders and mascot tryout participants.)
- Any black tshirt or athletic top that is free of logos.
- Black basketball-type athletic shorts.
- Any athletic shoes will do.
- ** No jewelry of any kind will be allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) belly button rings, earrings, necklaces, rings, etc.