SLCCSA 2018-19 Executive Vice President Application
The SLCC Student Association is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and motivated student to work as a member of the Executive Council, the leadership of the SLCC Student Association for the upcoming academic year. Because there was not a candidate for the Executive Vice President in the recent Elections, we are posting this position to be decided on by the newly formed Executive Council. This application is due by ???????????????????. First interviews are scheduled for Monday, March 26 and you will be contacted as soon as your eligibility is verified.
- At least 12 credit hours completed before January 2018 and successfully complete nine credit hours between during Spring Semester 2018
- 2.5 term/semester and cumulative GPA
To complete the form you will need to have ready for downloading the following items--
1) A resume that outlines your leadership and involvement experience and any special skills or qualities you have that would assist you in successfully fulfilling this position
2) Two letters of recommendation (two different ones chosen from those listed below):
- One from an employer or supervisor, and/or
- One from an SLCC faculty member, advisor, or staff member (SLL advisors, ODMA advisors, EC and MSC members are not eligible), and/or
- One from a peer, someone who can speak to your ethics, leadership and organization skills.
3) Answers to the following statements
- I am applying for this position because...
- I can be most effective in this position because…
- A learning experience I have had while working in a group is…
- The three leadership skills or qualities I will bring to this position are...
- As a student leader I know I would represent all students of SLCC and their interests objectively. However, at this time I feel I represent ...(what specific contingency of students?) and why?