DSUSA Student Leader Application 2017-2018
Thank you for your interest in the 2017-2018 Dixie State University Student Association Student Government.
This application is required to apply for all positions within the DSUSA Student Government Branches: Student Life, Public Relations, Service, Senate, Clubs, Athletics, Institute of Politics, and the Executive Branch.
The mission of DSUSA is to be an advocate for all current students and to provide them with a university experience by creating learning, social, and service opportunities. DSUSA also promotes school spirit by creating unity and a unique Dixie culture through Dixie traditions, events, and opportunities.
DSUSA student government consists of 48 stipend positions within 7 branches, and 12 committees housed under the Service, Student Life, Athletics, and Public Relations Branches. Committee members receive no compensation, but committees are an easy way to get involved, gain experience, and learn about student government. You can read about each branch and the specific job descriptions, the hour requirements, and the scholarship amounts by clicking the links below:
Additional requirements to be a scholarship member of DSUSA include:
- A current cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA while in office
- Register for the Leadership Perspectives Class (2 credits) - Tuesday at 4 pm
- Attend all DSUSA Retreats, including but not limited to: Utah Leaderships Academy (ULA) and Fall & Spring retreats
- ULA : May 15-18, 2017 (not required, but highly encouraged for club reps and senators)
- Fall Retreat August: 16-18, 2017
- Spring Retreat: January 4-6, 2018 (Tentative)
- Additional Dates for Student Life Leaders May 8-12, 2017
- Additional Dates for Public Relations Positions August 14-15, 2017
- Comply with the DSUSA Constitution
- Sign an Academic & Behavior Agreement based on the DSUSA Code of Conduct
- Fulfill specific job description and office hours as outlined in the Requirement & Behavior Agreement
Deadline for Vice President positions is March 23rd @ 11:59 pm
Review Deadline for all other positions March 30th @ 11:59 pm or until positions are filled.
With further questions, please contact Luke Kerouac, Director of Student Involvement and Leadership, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 435-652-7512.