Volunteer at Move-In!
Jul 18, 2018 by Mizzou ORG
Mizzou Residential Life is looking for volunteers to help with residence hall move-in. As a volunteer of the “Mizzou Move Crew”, you will help welcome new students and their families to the University of Missouri by assisting with various tasks related to move-in. Participants are invited to register as an individual or as part of a team.
- July 27 – register by this date to be guaranteed a shirt
- Week of July 30 – Volunteer assignments e-mailed to registered participants
- Week of August 6* – Team Leader/ Individual Volunteer Training
- More information about training will be e-mailed to participants*.
- August 12 – Move In Day
- August 15 – Move in Day
Promote Your Organization with a Residence Hall Resource Bag
Residential Life provides the opportunity to Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) to provide items for a resource bag, where the materials provided will be personally handed out to each incoming student living in the residence halls by their Resident Adviser.
- Only University departments or RSOs may provide items.
- Materials need to be 8.5”x11” or smaller.
- Materials need to promote activities and messages that follow the University values and University and Residential Life policies.
- Contact information MUST be displayed on all materials (email and/or phone number, physical address).
- Provide around 6,300 copies for the residence halls, the University Student Apartments (graduate and professional students), and for off-campus transfer students.
- All materials need to fit in a Mizzou store bag (14” x 4.5” x 15”).
- Provide a sample to Jide Akinmoladun via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- We recommend a pre-printing prototype so adjustments can be made
- Once your material(s) has been approved (typically a very quick process), you will be notified that you may begin printing.
- Deliver the items to the Residential Academic Programs Office (C122 Pershing Hall), on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, between 9:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
If you are unable to deliver your items on August 1, please contact Jide Akinmoladun.