Spiritual activities can give students a way to connect in deep ways with other people and the world around them. Religious groups provide opportunities for students to be centered in a caring community, explore the connections between faith and real world complexities, make a difference in the lives of others through service work, and grow in a sense of their own gifts and vocation. Involvement activities for many different faiths and philosophies can be found on campus and in Milwaukee.
- Attend a campus ministry center, church, temple, mosque, or synagogue of your choice near campus or in Greater Milwaukee.
- Take a religious studies course .
- Join one of the many religious student groups on campus (www.stuorgs.uwm.edu).
- Participate in an alternative spring break or a mission trip sponsored by one of the religious student groups on-campus.
- Religious student organizations, www.stuorgs.uwm.edu
- Religious Studies, 229-5871, various offices, http://www.religiousstudies.uwm.edu
- Sam and Helen Stahl Center for Jewish Studies, 3367 N. Downer Ave, 229-6121, http://www4.uwm.edu/jewishstudies/
Campus Religious student organizations, http://studentorgs.uwm.edu/org/srcreligiouscenters/home
Religious Studies, (414) 229-5871, various offices, http://www.religiousstudies.uwm.edu
Sam and Helen Stahl Center for Jewish Studies, 3367 N. Downer Ave, 229-6121, http://www4.uwm.edu/jewishstudies/
Community Milwaukee Religious Resources, http://city.milwaukee.gov/erc/FR
Spiritual & Religious Communities at UWM (SRC)
Newman Center Catholic Campus Ministry at UWM, Dave Kinsman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3001 N. Downer Avenue, (414) 964-6640, uwmcatholic.org
Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU), Steve Papez, email@example.com, (414) 698-6620, 2135 Inverness Dr., Waukesha, WI 53186 http://mkecru.org
Hillel Milwaukee - Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3053 N. Stowell Ave., Milwaukee, WI (414) 961-2010 http://www.hillelmilwaukee.org
Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at UWM, (920) 205-2299, Kathy Moua, email@example.com, www.ivatuwm.com
The Corner House: Lutheran Campus Ministry (ELCA), Pastor Rachel Young Binter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3074 N. Maryland Avenue, (414) 962-9320 lcm.milwaukeesynod.org, https://www.facebook.com/TheCornerHouseLCMUWM/
University Christian Ministries, American Baptist, Episcopal, Presbyterian (USA), United Church of Christ, United Methodist, Rev. Alan McCalister, email@example.com, 2211 E. Kenwood Blvd, (414) 962-5460, http://www.ucm-uwm.org
The Point of Grace - WELS Campus Ministry, Rev. Don Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (414) 963-2047, 2215 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI, www.tpog.net
Reformed University Fellowship, Rev. Mike Wenzler, email@example.com, (414) 587-1798, facebook.com/ruf.uwm
Campus Ministry International (CMI), Rev. Nathaniel Peterson, (414) 394 - 4195, firstname.lastname@example.org, facebook.com/CMIMilwaukee
If you need assistance or have any questions about this website, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tom Dake, Center for Student Involvement
Union 363, 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd. Milwaukee, WI 53211
(414) 229-5780, email@example.com