Woman As Hero aims to challenge existing feminisms, encourage solution-based discussions that empower people of all gender identities, and develop inclusive communities. Woman as Hero hosts monthly roundtables to engage in a dialogue about issues in feminism as well as a yearly student run conference.
Executive board meetings occur weekly in the MU 80 MEChA room on Wednesdays. Meeting times vary but are typically at 2:30 or 7:30 depending on schedules.
Monthly round tables occur at 7:30 on Wednesdays in the MU 80 MEChA room. The first round table of the year will occur on 9/7/16. This roundtable will also function as an informational meeting for prospective WAH E-Board members.
WHO WE ARE
• On-campus organization at Arizona State University that seeks to empower women and girls in our university, community, and world.
WHAT WE DO
• Host events on campus—from movie screenings, to round-table discussions, to an annual summit—to provoke discussion, spread awareness, and encourage action among ASU students.
• Work locally for women's empowerment by volunteering with organizations like the International Rescue Committee, the Refugee Women’s Health Clinic, and more
WHEN WE MEET
• We meet every other week on Wednesday evenings on the Tempe campus. Meetings are held in the MU at 4:30pm; rooms vary by date.
• Every month, we have additional opportunities to meet for community service.
Join us and help make a difference for a better tomorrow!
Usually President, sometimes Director/Chair, etc.
Usually Vice President, sometimes Secretary/Treasurer, etc.
Usually Secretary, sometimes Recruitment chair, etc.
Dr. Mako Fitz Ward
Please use official "job title" with university
All ASU registered student organization must have a faculty or staff member serving as an advisor. By entering your advisor's email, they will automatically be sent an Advisor Commitment Form which they must complete for your registration.
This person MUST be a full- or part-time benefits-eligible faculty or staff member at ASU (the additional advisor may be a community member).
An Advisor Commitment Letter signed by the Advisor is a required part of finalizing the registration of your student organization. By entering their email, the Advisor Commitment Letter will be automatically sent to your advisor. Make sure to follow up with them to complete.