Welcome to the Florida Tech SPS OrgSync page!
Society of Physics Students (SPS)
The Society of Physics Students (SPS) is a professional association explicitly designed for students. The SPS exists to help students transform themselves into contributing members of the professional community. Course work develops only one range of skills. Other skills needed to flourish professionally include
effective communication and personal interactions, leadership experience, establishing a personal network of contacts, presenting scholarly work in professional meetings and journals, and outreach services to the campus and local communities
Locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally, the SPS offers the opportunity for these important enrichments to the student's experience.
Membership at Florida Tech's SPS Chapter is open to anyone interested in physics. Besides physics majors, our members can include majors in chemistry, computer science, engineering, biology, mathematics, medicine, and other fields.
Sigma Pi Sigma (ΣΠΣ)
Within SPS, Sigma Pi Sigma, a nationally recognized scholastic honor society, elects members based on outstanding academic achievement.
* Zone meetings and conferences
* Alumni lectures
* Weekly discussions
* Student talks on undergraduate research experience
* ΣΠΣ eligibility/induction/membership
* Liberal Arts, Science, and Engineering Resources (LASER) Day
* Orlando Science Center volunteer work
* Public physics demonstrations
* Physics and Space Sciences Department picnic
* Physics competitions
* KSC and planetarium field trips
Professional - STEM