First Look Fair Registration is open!
Aug 10, 2017 by Ashley Venneman
Your organization is invited to participate in the 35th Annual First Look Fair!
First Look Fair is an event that showcases student organizations, campus departments, services, community resources, and local merchants. First Look Fair provides a perfect opportunity to recruit new members and to raise awareness about your group’s mission and activities. The Fair also allows you the opportunity to join other organizations in welcoming new and returning students to campus. In past years more than 20,000 students have attended the fair.
First Look Fair 2017 will be held on Wednesday, September 13th and Thursday, September 14th on McKeldin Mall from 10:00am – 3:00pm each day.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO PARTICIPATE?
Requests for tables for First Look Fair are accepted on-line only. Simply go to the following web address:
Student Organizations - Click on the link titled “Student Organization First Look Fair Table Registration”. There is no cost to your organization to reserve a table for the two day fair as your Student Government Association has covered the cost for all registered student organizations to participate. However, all student organizations must be registered in the University of Maryland OrgSync system to participate. To check if your organization is registered, please visit: www.orgsync.umd.edu.
UMD Departments - Click on the link titled “UMD Department/Office/Chaplain First Look Fair Table Registration”.
Please be advised that we cannot provide access to electricity and tents and amplified sound are not permitted.
The DEADLINE to reserve a table is Friday, September 8th, 2017 at 6:00pm, pending table availability. If we reach capacity for tables, we will close registration earlier.
1. Decide what you will have your table. The most successful groups have creative displays, contests, or other strategies that encourage passers-by to participate. Get the crowd involved and they'll be more likely to inquire about your group. Have printed information to hand out and a sign-up sheet to record names and e-mail addresses.
2. You may only sell items if they are to fundraise for your organization and must be in accordance with the university’s fundraising policy which can be found in the Event Management Handbook at http://thestamp.umd.edu/events/event_services
3. You must register the fundraiser by September 6, 2017 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Prepared food items are not allowed at First Look Fair due to health regulations. We are not able to supply an electrical hook-up and generators are prohibited on the mall during the event.
4. Make sure that your table is filled with all the necessary information for both days of the Fair. You will want to maximize your exposure by having two group members at your table at all times. Break the day up into shifts of a couple of hours each.
5. Arrive between 9:00-9:30 am on Wednesday, September 13h and Thursday, September 14th for table assignment and set up. Check-in and table assignments are at the First LookFair Information Booth located at the base of the ODK Fountain. Table assignments will not be given out before 9:00 am. Be sure you have enough organization volunteers on location to help you set up your display. VEHICLES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON MCKELDIN MALL.
We are expecting a big crowd at the 35th annual First Look Fair and the atmosphere will be festive with tents, balloons, and more. We hope that you can join us!
Remember, the DEADLINE for table registrations is Friday, September 8th at 6:00 pm, pending table availability. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 301-314-7158 if you have any questions.