Call for Proposals - 31st Annual Leadership Experience
“Lead with Love: Empathy. Empowerment. Engagement.” is the overall conference theme of the 31st Annual Student Leadership Experience sponsored by generous donations from State Farm Insurance, SGA and the WCU Alumni Association.
The Leadership Experience Sub-Committee is asking you to participate as an educational workshop presenter for today’s WCU campus leaders. We know that your time is valuable, but we hope you might be able to find the time to present at this great annual conference! And, although we can’t pay you – we can give you a great lunch and a wonderful long-sleeve Leadership Experience t-shirt to add to your WCU wardrobe!
Programs may take the form of panel discussions, interactive programs, or discussion groups. If you are interested (and I hope you are) in presenting a topic or topics at the Spring 2018 Leadership Experience that takes place on Saturday, February 17, 2018 (snow date: Saturday, March 3, 2018), please fill out this form. Below you will find a list of program topics you might find interesting or choose to incorporate into your presentation.
If you choose to join us, please complete this form by February 2nd. THANK YOU to those of you who have already volunteered.
On behalf of the Division of Student Affairs, the Leadership Experience Sub-committee, and myself, I thank you very much for considering this proposal. This event can be so much better with your participation. I hope you will consider being a part of this evening’s events.
Possible Program Topics
Topics in bold represent ones that are a great need among our students.
- Identifying and Fulfilling Your Mission without Losing Yourself
- Leading for the Right Reasons (It's Not Just the Title)
- Changing Apology Language
- Diversity/Understanding Difference
- Service in Community
- Avoiding Burnout/Understanding Stress
- Leadership/Personality Inventories (The Animal Within Us, Your Leadership Brand)
- Social Equity & Civility in The Community
- Activism on campus
- Conflict Resolution
- Follow-through/Delegating (Not Taking It on Yourself)
- Understanding Group Dynamics
- Effective Communication
- Keeping Motivated
- Ethics/ Ethical Decision-Making
- Recruitment/Retention of Members - Recruit, Re-energize, Revamp
- Is Change a Threat or an Opportunity
- Are You Over-involved?
- Goal Setting/Accountability
- Life Skills/What Can Getting Involved Do for my Future?
- Apathy/Dealing With Dead-Weight Members, Motivating the Middle
- Resiliency - How to Have a Tough Shell When Things Don't Go Your Way
- Social Media - Creating your Personal Brand
- Career Development/Mock Interviewing
- Long Range Planning for Self or Student Organizations
- Public Speaking/Speaking Skills
- I have just joined, now what??
- Preparation for Graduate School
- You are More Than Your Resume – Marketing Your Leadership
- Effective Meeting Management/Parliamentary Procedure
- Computer Technology – Facebook, Twitter, Skype, OrgSync, etc.
- Backwards Planning (Planning a Program from the End to the Beginning), Event Planning 101
- How to Get Your Organization Advisor Involved
- WCU Spirit/Loyalty/Traditions
- OrgSync Training
- Balancing School/Work/Friends/Co-curricular
- Leadership 101/Common Problems Organizations Face