Badminton Training Lessons - Fall 2014
Ole Miss Badminton Club - Training Lessons
Who can participate : Club members & University personnel and their family members who are interested in joining the club
Cost : Free service from the club to its members
Time : Regular Practice Time
Participation method : On sign up
- Lesson 1 : Grip (Forehand, Backhand).
- Lesson 2 : Basic Shots (Clear, Drop, Net, Smash, Drive).
- Lesson 3 : Service (High, Low, Backhand service).
- Lesson 4 : Warm-up / Warm-down exercises.
- Lesson 5: Court areas and Footwork (Front court, Back court, Center court)
- Lesson 6 : Rallies (series of shots) and Basics of match playing skills
- Lesson 7 : Basic Doubles match playing skills and rules.
- Lesson 8 : Badminton Injuries, Prevention and First Aid.
Handouts and Notes:
- Badminton Training manual : Covers basics of badminton including history , facts, basic skills, exercises, injuries and prevention. (Download only available to members registered with OrgSync)
- Simplified Rules : Simplified rules published by Badminton world federation (BWF)
- Some Learning Materials : http://dos.orgsync.com/org/badminton/BadmintonSkills
- Sumudu Tennakoon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Samarth Solanki (email@example.com)
- Tuan Ta (firstname.lastname@example.org)