GSC 7th Annual Research Symposium (2017) - Abstract Submission Form
Graduate Student Council is proud to present the 7th Annual GSC Research Symposium!
When: Thursday, March 2, 2017 | 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Where: The Inn at Ole Miss
We are accepting abstracts from UM graduate students for podium and poster presentations. Abstracts should be written in a manner so that a panel of reviewers, who will be broadly related but may not belong to your discipline, can evaluate it. At the conclusion of the Symposium there will be a ceremony to recognize participants demonstrating excellence in their research work and presentation. Prizes and recognition will be awarded.
Please follow the Abstract Format instructions carefully. We highly encourage you to use the abstract template, which can be download here.
Abstract Page Layout and Word Limit
- The abstract is strictly limited to one (1) page and must be submitted as a Word document (*.doc or *.docx).
- At least 1-inch margins on all sides.
- You may have one image at the end of the abstract body.
Abstract Text Format and Fonts
- All the text should use Times New Roman, font size 12.
- ABSTRACT TITLE in ALL CAPITAL letters, boldface, centered.
- List of authors normal text, centered.
- Author affiliations in italic, centered.
- Presenting author's e-mail at the bottom of the author list.
- ELEMENT TITLES (e.g., INTRODUCTION, OBJECTIVE, METHODS, RESULTS, and CONCLUSION) are in ALL CAPS, boldface. (Using Element Titles is optional in the abstract body. If you prefer the paragraph abstract format, please organize your abstract in a clear way containing all of the element information)
- Abstract body in normal text (maximum 500 words).
The abstract should be categorized under one of the following categories. Please note that categories with fewer than five abstract submissions may be combined with their most closely-related categories in the list.
- Arts, Humanities, and Journalism
- Social Sciences and Education
- Business, Law, and Accounting
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Math, Computer Science, and Engineering
The deadline for submission of abstracts is midnight on Friday, January 27th, 2017.
The abstract must be submitted using this MSync form.
No e-mail or late submissions will be accepted.
Poster preparation: Recommended size of the poster: 36 inches in height and 48 inches in width.
Podium/Oral presentation: Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF. Time allocation for the presentation will be 10 min for the talk and 2 min for Q&A.
Judges/Scoring: All judges will be assigned to make sure there is no conflict of interest and new scoring patterns with excel will be used to assign final cumulative scores.
For more information, contact the GSC Director of Academic and Professional Development Yelda Serin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Student Council wishes you good luck!