The ASO is an organization that welcomes representatives from every part of the world, ranging from every region in Africa to the United States. The African Students' Organization acts as a bridge connecting East Carolina University and the surrounding Greenville Community to Africa. We strive to raise awareness about the disparities and triumphs affecting Africa. We are an organization that is built like a family. Therefore we accept anyone who wants to become a member regardless of ethnicity so that they may form a close bond within the organization. In this respect, opportunities are created so that students can evoke change!
The goal of the African Students’ Organization, or ASO, is to promote and enhance awareness of the diverse cultures found throughout Africa as well as an understanding of the economic, social and political development needs of its countries, throughout East Carolina University and its surrounding communities
• Get help with organizing and with your major.
• Get help integrating into the Greenville community and Life at ECU.
• Enjoy the fellowship of other Africans - we are all Africans
• Embrace your culture and show Greenville the AFRICAN PRIDE.
• Meet African faculty, alumni and other professionals in the community.
• HAVE FUN THE AFRICAN WAY!!!
Each organization may only have one officer listed with CRO to reserve space on campus.This role may be included in the responsibility of the President, VP, or other officers.
Nneka Walson Vice President
Suramie Jlay Historian
Constitution MUST contain all BOLD material found in the sample constitution located here: https://orgsync.com/21119/fil...