New Student Orientation Team Leader (OTL) Application Summer 2016
Summer 2016 New Student Orientation Team Leader Application
Orientation Team Leader Position Information:
The Orientation Team Leader position is unlike any other on the San Antonio College Campus. It is a position that will increase your leadership skills, help you grow personally and professionally, and most of all bring a wide variety of new experiences. The Office of Student Life will be interviewing some of SAC's best and will select a group of enthusiastic, mature and dedicated student leaders to assist with implementing the College's New Student Orientation program. During this unforgettable experience OTLs will serve as representatives of the student body at SAC, group facilitators, and role models to new students and their families in their adjustment and transition to the College. Orientation Team Leaders will take away new skills and experiences, open doors, and aid them in future career opportunities.
- Possess excitement and pride for SAC and a strong desire to help new students and their families make a positive transition to SAC
- Exhibit leadership potential and a commitment to the mission of Orientation, strong customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of team members and populations of students and families.
- Ability to problem solve, manage conflict, and remain flexible under pressure.
- Be willing to work long hours behind the scenes to ensure the success of First Year and Family Orientation programs.
- Willingness to learn new things, develop and improve personal characteristics, and have an open mind to new experiences.
- Full commitment to the Orientation program participating in all sessions and required events between May 2016 and October 2016.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Be in good standing according to the College's Code of Conduct Policy
- Must not enroll in more than one course during the summer or hold a job that will conflict with the duration of the program or training.
- Must be available to work several 6 hour shifts on most Thursday's through the summer, with the occasional Tuesday evening and Saturday.
- Will be paid $75 for each 6 hour session worked.
Applications will be accepted beginning March 29, 2016, until positions are filled, Applicants will be contacted as applications are received for interview. For questions please email us at SAC-NSOinformation@alamo.edu.