Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet Entry Application
Dear Prospective Contestant,
First and foremost, I would personally like to thank you on behalf of SAB and the University for your interest in the Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet Scholarship Pageant. I am very ecstatic about the plans I have aligned for the annual pageant this year. In case you did not know, LOB is a preliminary for the Miss Louisiana Pageant. The winner of the 2016 pageant will go and compete in the 2016 Miss Louisiana Pageant, which is held in Monroe, La in the early summer.
The application for the pageant is now available and will be until September 18, 2015. I look forward to working with each of you. If you have any questions, comments and/or concerns feel free to call, text and/or text me at the information below.
LOB Committee Chair Head
Student Activities Board
Northwestern State University
1. Attend an informational session and compete in prelims
2. Previous and cumulative GPA of 2.5
Additional Informational Dates:
Cane River Room in The Student Union (Attire: Casual)
- Tuesday: September 8th (5pm)
- Wednesday: September 9th (4pm)
- Thursday: September 10th (5pm)
- Tuesday: September 15th (5pm)
- Thursday: September 17th (5pm)
To be able to compete in the Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet Pageant, each contestant must raise $100 through the Children's Miracle Network website. Once Preliminaries are completed, and contestants are chosen, a meeting will take place to explain this process in more detail.
Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet Competition Guidelines
- A podium will be used
- The interview will begin immediately when the contestant walks through the door.
- Interview will be a total of 10 minutes
- There will be 9 minutes and 30 seconds of a question/answer session.
- At the end of this period, the contestant will have 30 seconds for closing remarks.
- Questions will be answered after opening number. One question will be about CNM and the other will be a question created by contestants and drawn out of the “fish bowl”.
- Wardrobe: The swimsuit should be a one or two piece of the contestant’s choice. The director of the Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet Pageant reserves the right to deny a contestant’s swimsuit if deemed inappropriate.
TALENT (For Preliminary and Pageant)
- Time limit: 90 sec. (preferably 85 sec. gives 5 sec. of air/dead time)
- No props will be permitted unless they are absolutely functional.
- Dress of Choice