Undergraduate Travel Grant Application
Undergraduate Travel Grant Overview
Criteria for Student Eligibility
• Currently enrolled at WSU Vancouver in at least 6 credits.
• Undergraduate degree seeking student in good standing.
- Minimum WSU Cumulative GPA of 2.5
• Date(s) of travel must be prior to graduation from the University
- Travel must occur after the Undergraduate Travel Grant committee has reviewed and determined award allocations.
Appropriate Use of Funds
• The primary purpose of these travel funds will be to assist in paying for registration fees, travel, and lodging expenses for participation in undergraduate conferences/events. Reasons for travel can vary greatly but cannot be strictly personal. The request should be related to some WSU activity.
• Allowable expense details:
Lodging: Must be a commercial residence (i.e. hotel, hostel), cannot be a personal residence. Expenses need to be within per diem rates for the area you travel to (http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/110007)
Transportation: May include mode of transport (gas, air, train, etc.), parking, taxi, etc.
Registration: Entry fees or conference registration
• Funds cannot be used for formal classes or research involving grades.
• Food will not be funded.
** Please note travel grants are funded using S&A fees, thus expenditures are limited to non-academic activities. Grant funds may NOT be used to support travel for the purpose of conducting research or other activities directly associated with the requirements of completing a degree or class at WSU Vancouver. Please refer to the S&A Fee Brochure for more information about applicable University policy on such expenditures.
Grant Award Limits
• Grant awards are given based upon the amount requested and the reason for travel. An individual may be given up to $500 per request. Individuals with previous funding may place additional requests but they will be held at a lower priority than individuals with no accepted requests.
• Should the request be for a group, the maximum total allocation shall not exceed $1500 per experience. For example, if four students wanted to travel to the same conference, combined they could potentially get no more than $1500.
Application and Award Process
• The link to the application can be found on the homepage of www.aswsuv.com.
• All application materials must be submitted by the deadline, including a letter of support from a WSU Vancouver faculty or staff and a cost break-down. The letter should vouch for the importance of the request and explain what benefits WSU Vancouver will receive should it send students to event.
• The Undergraduate Travel Funding Committee meets twice a semester, excluding summer. Requests will be reviewed and letters indicating award status will be emailed within 2 weeks of the application deadline.
• Students will be responsible to pay for travel expenses out-of-pocket and seek reimbursement after travel has occurred. Original receipts for all expenditures are required.
- Only the applicants who are on the Undergraduate Travel Grant application could get reimbursed for the trip otherwise, need to contact the Vice President and ask for permission before making any changes.
• Reimbursement details will be in the award letter.
Submissions for the Undergraduate Travel Grant are accepted 4x per year. The due dates are:
Wednesday, February 27th at 5pm
Wednesday, April 3rd at 5pm
If you have any additional questions about this grant, please contact ASWSUV Vice President Holly Ta at email@example.com