Senate Application Form 2018-2019 Due January 21st at 5 PM
Please review the following and see the next page for a full position description.
Applications are due Monday, January 21st at 5 PM.
If you have any questions please email Vice-President Holly Ta.
- Post and maintain at least three (3) office hours per week.
- Senators will be required to maintain a record of office hours served
- Every Senator will be required to attend the ASWSUV Spring Training as mandated by the President and Vice President of ASWSUV.
- Make a significant contribution to student life and activities at WSU Vancouver
- Learn more about the internal workings of the university
- Develop positive relationships with other students, faculty, and the community
- Learn the skills for teamwork, leadership, and decision making
- Perform any duty deemed necessary by ASWSUV Officers, Senate, Constitution, or By-Laws.
- Any ASWSUV duty is defined as ASWSUV responsibilities (e.g. writing bills, Senate hours, handing out flyer, working on ASWSUV sponsored event, etc.)
- Report to the ASWSUV President and Vice-President.
- Read the Constitution and By-Laws and have working knowledge of the responsibilities of ASWSUV.
- Give an individual report at every Senate meeting of the individual and/or collaborated ASWSUV work that has been conducted from the preceding Senate meeting to the current Senate meeting.
- The ASWSUV Senate wages are based upon the ASWSUV budget as approved by the Senate and the Services & Activities Fees.
- The 2018-19 pay is via stipend;
- Be a member of the ASWSUV (i.e. enrolled student).
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits.
- Have a minimum accumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Applicants must be able to make the weekly Senate meeting, Fridays from 3-4pm