Purple Palooza -Get the Scoop - Registration Form Fall 2018
The Office of Student Activities is hosting Purple Palooza the last week of August this year. We encourage each organization to participate! We want to encourage each group to have something fun to give out at their booth or an activity that the students can do at your booth.
Keep in mind, it's usually hot at the event, so plan accordingly. Plus it tends to be really windy at the event, so be sure to secure your boards and items that are on your tables. We encourage you all to bring a tent!
Tear down: 7:15pm
For each Purple Palooza event:
- We will provide tablecloths & tables
- Trash Cans are available
- Each group must provide their own activity, giveaways, tent (if you own one) and game/activity
- We request that if the organization has outdoor wooden letters, to please have them displayed at Iberville Green (in front of dining hall) the day of the event.
HOW TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL BOOTH:
COME UP WITH A THEME!! EVERYONE LIKES A THEME! This way you can give the seniors something that they can remember your organization by! Put a label on the items so they can remember you when they come for Freshman Connection! For example: (but not limited to.....)
- The Psychedelic Psychology Club - pass out Tie Dye stickers, pens, shirts
- Set Sail with the Ladies of Sigma Sigma Sigma - anchors, rope or even water as a giveaway
- What's your target? Let SWAT help your aim! - Red bullseyes, suction darts
- Poppin' Great Leaders - President's Leadership Program - Pass out popcorn!
- Come one Come all to the greatest organization of all - Vet Tech Club - Pass out animal print flyer
SOME OTHER ITEMS YOU CAN GIVE AWAY: Great way to advertise your organization to these prospective members
- Key chains
- Push Pops
HOST AN ACTIVITY AT YOUR BOOTH. SOMETHING INTERACTIVE, SHORT, SUPER EASY & FUN
- Toss a ball in a fish bowl
- Have a contest at your booth (thumb war, pin the tail on a demon)
- Hula Hoop contest
- Spot it game!
REMEMBER TO HAVE A MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION WITH THE FRESHMEN. The students want to feel welcomed. Be open to having a conversation with strangers. They are interested, they just might not seem like they are. Be the leader that you are and that you are capable of being! You are IN COLLEGE, they WANT to be here and be just like YOU!!
This Registration form is due by August 24, 2018.