Student Engagement Student Staff Application 2013-2014
Student Staff Application
The Department of Student Engagement Student Staff is…a group of current Chapman University students who work in the Department of Student Engagement to serve the entire campus community by coordinating and implementing campus-wide programs and events. The staff is committed to personal, professional, staff, and campus development and works under the premise that to cause the greatest impact on Chapman’s campus and in students’ lives, we must first be willing to explore, learn, and grow as individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to work in a leadership position
• Be professional, detail oriented, organized, and follow through
• Represent Chapman University and the Department of Student Engagement well
• Work well with others on a team
• Desire ongoing personal and professional development
• Desire to be challenged and to learn
• Remain in good academic (cumulative GPA 2.5) and disciplinary standing
• Maintain full-time student status (enrolled in at least 12 units)
• Comply with Chapman’s policy of student employment by working no more than 19 hrs/week for all on-campus jobs
• An initial screening will take place based on applicants' resume and cover letter. Interviews may be granted to applicants that seem best suited to the responsibilities and qualifications required of the position.
• Work 12-15 hours/week in the Department of Student Engagement
• Attend department staff development meetings on Fridays 2-4:00pm
• Participate in the following Chapman events:
o Social Justice BBQ
o Chapman Day of Service
o Other major campus wide events as assigned
1. Complete the attached application form.
2. Position Specific Requirements:
a. If you are applying to the Student Organization Assistant position, please be aware that you will be required to prepare a brief presentation as part of the interview process. If selected for an interview you will be contacted with more details about this presentation.
3. Have two references fill out this form.
4. All reference forms should be received ASAP.
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.