Student Organization Event Storage Request
Student Organization Storage Policies
There are multiple storage options available to recognized student organizations. Groups granted spaces are responsible for managing the growth and maintenance of their possessions regularly. As storage space is fixed, and unlikely to increase in size, access is granted and renewed regularly on a competitive basis. All groups must re-apply for their storage space each term and are subject to re-adjustments on granted space based on current levels of demand and need.
The following items are not permitted for storage in any of the student organization storage spaces:
Food items (eg. Candy, Cookies, Crackers, Chips, etc.)
Items and supplies for non-NU approved events
Contraband (eg Alcohol, illegal items, etc.)
Items requiring ventilation or climate control
Kerosene bottles or portable stoves
*The CSC Operations Building Manager or Center for Student Involvement staff reserve the right to deny storage of items based on their best judgment and the considerations of other space holders. Each organization is responsible for their items and must understand that items are stored at their own risk.
Storage space of varying size is available in the Programming Lab (240 CSC), and will be provided on an event-by-event basis to recognized student organizations. Storage terms for these spaces will be for the dates requested, .
- These spaces will be accessible only during Programming Lab office hours (10 AM - 10 PM Monday through Thursday, 10 AM - 6 PM on Friday and 3 PM-10 PM on Sunday).
- Student organizations hoping to utilize storage space for more than one month will need to re-apply for each term, and are not guaranteed to be granted an extension.
- All requests for monthly storage space should be submitted by the 15th of the preceding month.
- In processing requests for these spaces, priority will be given to student organizations who have not utilized the monthly storage resources for the semester in which the request is placed. (Remaining space will be allotted on a first come, first serve basis).
- Items left in storage after the expiration of the organization's term, will be either re-appropriated by CSI for general student organization use or discarded.