CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY TGIF FUNDING APPLICATION
The purpose of The Green Initiative Fund (TGIF) is to enable and empower Chapman University faculty, staff, and students to take an active role in supporting campus sustainability. TGIF will provide needed funding for projects that enhance Chapman’s sustainability performance.
CRITERIA FOR TGIF APPLICATIONS
All applications to be considered for TGIF funding must:
- demonstrate consideration of the economic, environmental, and social dimensions of sustainability;
- outline clearly-defined and measurable outcomes;
- be written and coordinated by a Chapman student, staff, or faculty member;
- include approval by appropriate campus officials;
- include a detailed plan to accomplish project within the academic year in which it is approved;
- outline a procedure for evaluation and follow-up after funding has been dispersed. If a project is expected to have on-going benefits such as annual cost savings, the project plan must include a mechanism for tracking, recording, and reporting these benefits back to the Grant-awarding Committee on an (at least) annual basis.
*TGIF funding will not support projects already mandated by law or Chapman policy (e.g., standards for new building construction), since Chapman is already obliged to allocate funds for such projects. TGIF will fund projects which go above and beyond minimum requirements.
** The Sustainability Committee may determine additional requirements or preferences for each year’s funding cycle, provided that these additional criteria are consistent with the overall mission of TGIF.
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSED PROJECTS
Though meeting these criteria is not required for consideration, the Committee will give preference and priority to TGIF proposals that:
- demonstrate inexpensive approaches to achieving a higher level of sustainability performance;
- are able to repay TGIF, even if such repayment would not be required; and
- can obtain matching funds from another source.
Application deadline is Friday, April 25th. Please direct all questions to Crystal Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org