Global Citizens Leadership Summit
Campus and commuity representatives will be hosting sessions to generate awareness about public issues, provide skill development related to community engagement, and talk about avenues for civic engagement after college. We are currently expecting representatives from:
- the Giving Keys to discuss their approach to socially responsible business models,
- the OC District Attorney's Office to discuss the realities of human trafficking in Orange County and avenues for engagement around the issue,
- Core Capital Management to discuss process and responsibilities associated with B-Corporation certification (B Corp certification is to sustainable business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or USDA Organic certification is to milk),
- National Alliance on Mental Illness to discuss the challenges and successes of living with mental illness
- Diversity & Equity to present a Breaking Ground training
- and many more!
Our Opening Keynote Address will be provided by Ahmed Younis J.D., an Adjunct Faculty member at Chapman University who has worked for both Gallup and the Muslim Public Affairs Council and has a lot of experience with and insight about youth engagement and the American Muslim experience.
Our lunchtime keynote address will be provided by Skip Li, founder of Agros International, an international development agency focusing on sustainable means of alleviating poverty in Central America. We hope this provides folks with an incredible opportunity for deep learning and engagement around issues of importance to them.
For more information, email email@example.com.