Rules for Homecoming Court Publicity Campaigns
Oct 4, 2013 by LU Student Engagement
The LU Student Body will vote for the Homecoming Court on October 14th and 15th from 10 am to 2 pm in the Setzer Student Center Ballroom. Nominees for the Homecoming Court must follow these rules regarding their publicity campaigns:
- Nominees and/or nominating student organizations may begin publicity campaigns at 12 pm on Friday, October 4th. Campaigning before this time will result in disqualification.
- Do not tear down or cover up other Nominees' advertising material.
- Do not speak or write negatively or falsely about other Nominees.
- On election days, October 14th and 15th, no verbal campaigning or distribution of printed campaign material is allowed within 50 feet of the voting area, the Setzer Student Center Ballroom.
- All posters, publications, or social media may be reviewed by Homecoming Committee Chairs to reduce the risk of posting infractions.
- All postings (posters, flyers, etc.) must be stamped by the SSC Reservations Coordinator in accordance with campus posting guidelines.
- Any infraction or misconduct in publicity campaigns will be subject to disqualification as reviewed by the Division Committee to include the Student Homecoming Committee Chair.
- Remember, it's all in fun, so enjoy it and good luck!