Student Engagement Newsletter - February 2018
Feb 2, 2018 by LU Student Engagement
- NEW Deadline to Apply: Monday, Feb. 5 by 11:59 pm
Do you have tons of Cardinal Pride? Make your mark at LU and apply to be an Orientation Leader. OL's greet new students at each summer orientation and teach them all about life at LU. Get more details at lamar.edu/orientationleaders.
Deadline to Apply:
- Sunday, Feb. 11 by 11:59 pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 5 pm, Morris Hall Media Room
- Wednesday, Feb. 7, 8 pm, Morris Hall Media Room
The Department of Housing and Residence Life is seeking Resident Assistants for 2018-2019. If you're interested in building a great Cardinal Community in your hall, learn more at RA Info Sessions Tuesday and Wednesday. Find the application and more at lamar.edu/residencelife.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 7:30 am, Galloway Ramp Bridge
We love our commuter students, so enjoy coffee on us! Cardinal Drive is a program by New Student and Leadership Programs. Learn more at lamar.edu/leadership.
- Every Thursday, Feb. 8 - Feb. 22, 1 pm - 2 pm, Library 6th Floor
- Saturday, Feb. 24, 9:30 am - 3 pm, Rec Center
Level Up is a new series of fun, interactive workshops leading to a one-day conference designed to help you discover and develop your leadership skills. Learn how to Level Up - register now at students.lamar.edu/conferences. Your student organization could win up to $600!
CAB is excited to launch their Spring programs. Cool giveaways, free food, nationally-touring entertainers, and more means CAB is your ticket to fun at LU! Find the CAB Calendar and more at lamar.edu/cab. This week's events:
- "Love Is..." Card Making: Wednesday, Feb. 7, 11 am - 1 pm, Student Org Annex Lawn
- Speed Dating: Friday, Feb. 9, 12 pm - 1 pm, Library 8th Floor
- Pamper Me Party: Sunday, Feb. 11, 6:30 pm - 8 pm, Morris Hall Media Room
Haven’t updated your resume in a while? Need guidance on opportunities after graduating? Searching for an internship? The Center for Career & Professional Development can help you with all this and more! Make an appointment with you career consultant today. Call 409-880-8878 or email email@example.com.