SGA Announces the 2017-2018 Candidate Application is Now Open
Feb 17, 2017 by Julie Eddards
Are you interested in running for Student Government Association?
Today, February 17, applications for the declaration of candidacy for the 2017-2018 Student Government Election are now open.
Students who are interested in serving on a seat for SGA must complete the application by March 3, 2017. Positions open for election are:
- Vice President
- Senior Class Senator
- Junior Class Senator
- Sophomore Class Senator
Click on the link to submit your application on OrgSync today!
*Note - Students must meet all qualifications to be eligible to run for office. The qualifications are listed on the application as noted in the Constitution and By-Laws.
Two information sessions will be held to discuss the open positions, their responsibilities, and expectations as outlined in the Constitution and By-Laws.
- Thursday, February 23rd from 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Friday, February 24th from 1:00 - 2:00 pm.
Both information sessions will be held in the Carl Parker Suite 101 Conference Room.
The information sessions are not required but highly encouraged.
The Election Timeline is as follows:
- February 17, Candidate Applications Open
- March 3, Candidate Applications Close
- March 6, Notification of eligibility or ineligibility
- March 8, Mandatory Candidate Election Rules Meeting, 2:00 pm
- March 8-March 27, Candidate Campaigning
- March 22, Candidate Debate - TBA
- March 28, Polls open 8:00 am, and March 29, polls close at 5:00 pm
If there are any questions regarding the election, please contact Aaron Lavergne, SGA Student Body President at 409-880-7891 or lamar.edu/sga; Julie Eddards, SGA Advisor at 409-880-7775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.