Campus Prepares for Setzer Center Renovations
Oct 21, 2016 by LU Student Engagement
Lamar University is pleased to announce an exciting new phase in campus life. A major renovation of the Setzer Student Center (SSC) begins this November. In preparation, all former offices in the Setzer Student Center have relocated to new spaces in the Carl Parker Building and the Student Organizations Annex (formerly the Engineering Research Annex, located between the Library and the Cherry Engineering Building).
Until construction starts, the SSC will remain open to provide access to Barnes and Noble Bookstore. All SSC programs and services will continue uninterrupted throughout the project. Additional lounge spaces for students are available in the Recreational Sports Center.
Changes to Food Service
Friday, October 14 marked the last day of food service in the Nest and at Mirabeau’s in the Setzer Student Center. Follow the Lamar Dining Facebook page for updates and announcements.
- The new Food Truck Landing opened between the Library and the Dining Hall beginning Monday, October 17.
- Outtakes Market Express was added to the Dining Hall featuring chicken wings, a baked potato bar, Chobani frozen yogurt, F'real milkshakes, and plenty of quick-grab options.
- Additional dining options include the Brooks-Shivers Dining Hall, Juice It Up! in the Rec Center, and Outtakes in Monroe Hall.
- Dining Dollars (declining balance) can be used at all locations.
New Office Locations
Many offices in the Division of Student Engagement have moved, including offices formerly in the Setzer Student Center and the Wimberly Student Services building. Below are the new locations of these offices.
Carl Parker Building, Room 101
- Office of the Vice President for Student Engagement
- Associate Vice President and Dean of Students
Carl Parker Building, Room 109
- Student Organization Services
- Greek Life
- New Student and Leadership Programs
Student Organizations Annex (formerly the Engineering Research Annex)
- Student Activities, Program Board (Lamar Alive!) & Civic Engagement
- Student Event Services
- Student Government Association
The Barnes and Noble Bookstore, located in the Setzer Student Center, will remain open for business throughout construction.
- The existing entrance, located inside the SSC, will be used until construction begins.
- After the SSC is closed for construction, the Bookstore's new front door will be located adjacent to the Archer Physics building, to the right of the current front doors of the SSC.
- Find store hours and other updates on the LU Barnes and Noble website and Facebook page.
We appreciate your flexibility as we navigate this exciting new chapter at Lamar University, and we will continue to update you as we move forward.