Nominate Student Leaders for the Ann Shaw Leadership Award
Mar 11, 2016 by LU Student Engagement
The Division of Student Engagement is now accepting nominations and applications for the Ann Shaw Leadership Award.
The Ann Shaw Award recognizes a junior or senior student for fostering a spirit of teamwork, excellence in leadership, and exhibiting exemplary personal ethics and integrity while making significant contributions to the Lamar University community.
Ann Shaw was a long-time employee of the university who served in numerous positions within the division of student affairs. Through her dedication to the growth and development of students and student leadership, she is personally responsible for the implementation of numerous student life programs and events, many of which have become Lamar traditions and institutions.
- The Ann Shaw Leadership Award is presented annually at the Toast to Leadership Awards Banquet.
- The deadline to apply for this recognition or to nominate an eligible student is Monday, March 21, 2016.
Criteria for Award Selection
Must be a full-time junior or senior student. Applicants will demonstrate qualities of effective, visionary leadership through:
- Significant contributions to Lamar University
- Recognizing and developing the potential of others
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork
- Inspiring a standard of excellence in leadership
- Exhibiting exemplary personal ethics and integrity