Club Registration Process
Clubs are a great way to meet other people who share your passions. You’ll find clubs for almost every interest: academic, cultural, political, recreational, spiritual, service, social or special interest.
All clubs are required to register each academic year through CougSync. The steps to register and become an active club are outlined below. Registrations can take place at any time during the academic year, but leaders and organizers are encouraged to act early in order to take advantage of available resources. Registrations expire annually on July 31.
In order to gain current status, clubs must have a name, a meaningful purpose, at least 5 current WSU Vancouver students, designated leadership, an approved constitution, members recently trained in policies and procedures, and a WSU Vancouver faculty or staff member as an advisor. A list of current clubs can be found here.
Washington State University Vancouver will not recognize any student organization which denies membership to any student because of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, or disability. Clubs must ensure that additional policies and procedures do not create de facto differentiation.
Steps to become a registered club
- Gather 5 current WSU Vancouver students and one faculty/staff advisor committed to the organization.
- Sign up and send two club members to a Club and CougSync Orientation.
- Create a club profile on CougSync.
- Upload the club's constitution to its profile page in CougSync.
- Have 5 current students and the advisor listed as members of the club in CougSync.
Club and CougSync orientation
Orientation is an opportunity for clubs to learn about the resources, policies and funding opportunities available. Orientation is required of all organizations and must be attended by at least two members of the club. More members are encouraged to attend as well as the advisor. Several orientations are offered in July and August, and occasionally throughout the school year. Find more information and links to resources by joining ClubSync.
Check back for listings of future orientations on the CougSync calendar.
Advantages of becoming a registered club
Once a club has completed all four steps of the registration process they have access to several resources intended to help the group succeed.
- Ability to reserve space on campus
- Access to $200 of Club Sustainability funds provided by ASWSUV
- Ability to post flyers and advertisements on campus bulletin boards
- Opportunity to table at the fall & spring Involvement Fairs
- Access to ASWSUV Senate funds
- Support for successful event planning
- Direct access to leadership training opportunities for individuals and groups
- Invitations to networking opportunities
Student Media Advisor
Firstenburg Student Commons