Organization Name Change Request
This form is for active, chartered student organizations that would like to formally request a change of their organization’s name.
Steps to Formal Name Change Request:
1. Complete the Organization Name Change Request Form.
2. You will be sent an update on your status (ex. approved or denied).
3. If approved, all OrgSync content and other website content, logo(s), and constitution must be updated to reflect the name change.
4. Post the updated constitution to the organization's OrgSync Org Profile.
5. Once completed, you will be sent a final approval notice.
Reminder: No student organization may use “Georgia State University” as a prefix to their names (example of prohibited use: “Georgia State University
ABC Club”). The only allowed identification is the “ABC Club at Georgia State University”. No student organization may use the University’s name in
such a way that states or reasonably implies that the activities of the organization are official University actions or are endorsed by the University. For example, no student organization may identify the University as a sponsor of an activity because such reference gives the appearance of University
endorsement of the involved activity.