Student Enhancement Fund (SEF) Application
The Student Enhancement Fund (SEF) is a brand new source of student funding accessible to all WWU students. The SEF Fund aims to provide funding for travel expenses, lodging expenses, and registration expenses for students seeking to attend academic/educational events, conferences, programs and/or other unique opportunities that encourage professional and personal development.
Note: Given the large excess of SEF funding requests made by students this year, the Student Enhancement Fund is unfortunately no longer able to provide per diem funding to applicants.
All applications will be processed by the Student Enhancement Fund (SEF) Committee.
Before submitting this form, please read the SEF Fund Official Guidelines thoroughly.
- Applications must be submitted at least 5-7 weeks prior to an event utilizing this application form, and the provided SEF Budget form.
- Immediately after submitting, please set up a meeting with the Student Enhancement Fund (SEF) Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org, to review your submission and discuss the SEF funding process and other details. Requests will not be added to the SEF Committee Agenda until this meeting has occurred.
- Your application will be approved by the SEF Facilitator before the one-on-one meeting if there are no major issues with your application or budget form. This initial approval does not indicate or guarantee funding.
- Applications will be included in the upcoming SEF Committee's agenda the week after meeting with the SEF Fund Facilitator.
- Requests for less than $250 may be approved with an executive decision by the SEF Facilitator, without an SEF Committee meeting.
- Requests for more than $250 but less than $750 will go through a one meeting process. The SEF Committee will go over your application and vote during the same meeting.
- Requests for more than $750 will go through a two meeting process. The SEF Committee will go over your application and vote during the next meeting.
You will be notified of the approval results immediately after the SEF committee meeting via email.
For additional information on the SEF Fund's policies, committee standards, and application evaluation rubric, please visit: http://www.as.wwu.edu/business/sef