US Citizens: UN Announces 2010 Exam
Sep 1, 2010 by Dilshan B. Somaweera
The United Nations is seeking qualified American citizens at the entry-level to apply for select occupational areas by first taking its national recruitment exam. Citizens must meet the below list of requirements. Application submission deadline is September 19, 2010.
The exam will be held in New York City and San Francisco on December 1, 2010 and travel expenses will not be paid. The UN will consider up to 40 applicants for each occupational area.
Registration information, including practice tests and example essay questions, can be obtained at http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/examin/ncrepage.htm or http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/examin/2010e.pdf.
UN CRITERIA (all must be met) for the examination include:
· Be no more than 32 years old as of December 31, 2010.
· Have at least an undergraduate degree (advanced degree is an advantage, but is not required) in one of the following occupational fields or related areas:
· Human Rights
· Legal Affairs
· Radio Producer (only for Arabic, Chinese, and French)
· Web Design/Development
· Be fluent in English and/or French, the two working languages of the United Nations.
· Knowledge of additional official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish) could be an advantage.