Student Involvement - Financial Assistant Application
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Student Involvement - Business and Financial Assistant
Job Type: Part Time
Start Date: December or early January 2018
Salary: Starting at $9.00 per hour
Days/Hours: Must be available approximately 15-20 hours per week. Must be available during most of the summer and winter break. Must be available to work as a student employee through the 2018-2019 school year.
Student Involvement encourages and facilitates involvement in student organizations, campus wide events and traditions, fraternity and sorority life, and other learning and leadership development experiences on campus and in the community.
- Must be extremely responsible, trustworthy, dependable, and mature
- Precise attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to follow-through and be highly reliable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of providing exceptional customer service skills
- Working knowledge of accounting and budgeting
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be willing to work in a unit that requires a great deal of versatility, adaptability, and the ability to work under pressure
- Must be enrolled at UW-Milwaukee with a minimum 2.75 Cumulative GPA
- Possess knowledge of University & Student Union policies, WISDM, SharePoint, O365
- Experience with basic billing, payment and purchasing procedures;
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Excel (including, pivot tables, vlookup).
- Accounting major preferred who has completed Intermediate Accounting
- Ability and commitment to work for at least 1.5 years in the role (Spring 2019)
The Financial Assistant serves as support for Student Involvement and the programming and operating units within the Student Union. The individual is directly supervised by the Business Manager of Student Involvement. Common duties include:
- Support purchasing and travel process for Registered Student Organizations (RSO)
- Reconcile purchasing card statements
- Organize receipts from purchases; Enter expenses to correct line item in appropriate budget; Allocate purchasing card transactions using US Bank site; Track all budget expenditures using WISDM system
- Process and file contract paperwork; Work with Student Involvement Staff to maintain contract records and student organization files
- Prepare and process requests related to use of SI and RSO funds including: Purchase Requisitions, Direct Payment Forms, Travel Expense Reports, Payment to Individual Reports
- Assist RSOs regarding the proper use of segregated fees (grants), with oversight from the SI Business Manager
- Other projects as assigned
Ability to communicate in person, via telephone and via e-mail. Reasonably good vision and hearing; exceptional oral communication skills; must be mobile and able to function in a fast paced environment.
Must be willing to provide occasional staffing assistance for other program areas within Student Involvement.
For this application to be considered complete, you must attach your resume.
If you have any questions, please contact Becky Grandone at email@example.com. The deadline to submit your application and resume is Wednesday, December 15th