Student Involvement Office Assistant Application
Student Involvement Office Assistant
- Located in the Union Room 355
- Part-time (approximately 10-15 hours per week)
- End date is negotiable
- Wage starts at $8.50 per hour
The Student Involvement Office Assistant helps keep the department functioning efficiently while assisting in meeting the needs of over 300 student organizations and individual student leaders. This position provides essential administrative support for the Director and professional staff and facilitates clerical and reception services while serving as the initial point of contact for students, staff and visitors.
EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Serve as primary receptionist, greeting, directing and assisting visitors.
- Present a positive, professional image while ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Receive incoming calls; answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Schedule appointments for professional staff.
- General clerical duties including, but not limited to: data entry, word processing, updating files and calendars, photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, mail merges, generating reports and filing.
- Maintain reception area materials (e.g. brochures, flyers, posters, event calendars, etc.)
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and sign for incoming packages.
- Run daily campus errands.
Process Student Organization Paperwork and Inventory / Database Maintenance
- Review incoming organization forms to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Verify profile information in Panthersync and PAWS.
- Communicate verbally and through written correspondence with students regarding the process of completion and issue resolution.
- Demonstrate how to navigate the PantherSync system through in-office. demonstrations, email interactions, and verbally over the telephone.
- Update and maintain student organization databases.
- Upload various documents into PantherSync files.
- Distribute the required documentation into current filing system.
Other Misc. Duties
- Staff department table at various campus events as assigned (New/Transfer Student Orientation, Go Milwaukee, Involvement Fair, etc.)
- Assist with various departmental/campus events (Fall Welcome, CAB sponsored events, Involvement Fair, etc.)
- Assist professional staff with public presentations.
- Assist with preparing and distributing departmental newsletters.
- Educate students within organizations on the features of PantherSync.(Training will be provided.)
Minimum Requirements: Must be a currently enrolled UW-Milwaukee student with a 2.75 GPA or higher. Candidates must demonstrate a high level of responsibility, the ability to work independently, an appreciation for confidentiality and security of sensitive information and a strong commitment to diversity and customer service.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the operations and services of student activities and student organizations.
- Proficient, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and the Internet.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, courteous, and professional manner
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Exemplary proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with databases and general record keeping.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to present oneself effectively in a professional, respectable and friendly manner when communicating with diverse customers, supervisors, co-workers, and other student staff.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when learning new skills and working with challenging customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed are intended to describe the essential function
of the persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job
duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Office environment with exposure to low-level noise and chemicals related to operation of equipment such as copiers, computers, and printers.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Personal computers, laser printers, copy machines, fax machines, label makers, shredders, telephones, and calculators.
For this application to be considered complete, you must attach your resume.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Wentzell at (414) 229-5780 or email@example.com.
The deadline to submit your application and resume is Wednesday, January 25th.