Mar 13, 2019 by Sydney Helen McLeod
We hope you have had a fun, safe and rejuvenating Spring Break and are gearing up to finish the semester strong. These are a few updates and reminders from Student Activities and Organizations (SAO).
Below are the GOLD Series workshops planed for the month of March
- Conflict Management: 3/14/19, 236 Main Student Center, 5pm
- Soft Skills Part II: 3/15/19, 337 Main Student Center, 1pm
- Effective Communication: 337, Main Student Center, 5pm
- #MentorHer : 236 Main Student Center, 5pm
- Motivating the Middle: 107 (SAO Suite), Main Student Center, 7pm
To view detailed description of each workshop, click on the links!
Student Organization Awards Nominations
The Student Organization Award Nominations are now being accepted. If you know of a deserving student organization or student leader, please nominate them for one or more categories here!
The Awards this year will take place on 4/14/19 in the Black Box Theater of the Main Student Center.
Spring Off-Campus Housing and Involvement Fair
SAO has partnered with Campus Living & Off-Campus Housing to offer student organizations a chance to table during the annual Spring Off-Campus Housing Fair! The date of the fair is March 20, 2019 from 11am-2pm and will be located on the lawn area of the Main Campus Student Center! Sign-up here!
Read & Lead Book Club
It’s not too late to sign up to be a part of the Read & Lead Book Club! The book of choice will be the ‘5 Dysfunctions of a Team’ by Patrick Lencioni! There will be two sessions where we will discuss those 5 dysfunctions, how they are existing within your organizations, and ways to grow past them! Interested, apply here
The opportunities to table for your student organization this semester are listed below. Remember, these opportunities serve as a great way to market your organization's events!
- Involvement Days (Sign up here)
- The Spring Off-Campus Housing and Involvement Fair - 3/20/19
- Barefoot on the Mall - 4/23/19 Sign up begins 3/15/19
Congrats to the new SGA Leaders!
President Colin Johnson and Vice President Taylor Chappell
Women in Politics is a discussion hosted by the Women & Gender Office and the Center for Leadership & Civic Engagement. This discussion will place emphasis of the state of the woman in politics, how things have change, and where are things going! This discussion will take place on 3/14/19 at 6pm in 337 of Main Campus Student Center!
To RSVP, click here
Leadership Article of Month
An Open Letter to the Student Leader from a Student Leader
This article is open letter from a student serving as a student leader who gives a unique perspective on what it means to be a student leader! Read article here http://www.presence.io/blog/an-open-letter-to-student-leaders-from-a-student-leader/
Updates and Reminders
- Always, Always, Always upload your organizations events to the OrgSync calendar!
- Now is the time to focus on officer transitions for your student organizations leadership team! Need help? Reach out to us at email@example.com Also, visit here to view the student leader transition workshop dates.
- Need to take attendance quickly at an event or meeting? Complete this form to reserve an OrgSync 1Card Swiper.
- Marketing requests for Spring semester are still being accepted. If you have marketing design needs for your organization, including but not limited to, fliers, posters, t-shirt designs, logos, etc. Please submit a form request via OrgSync.
- The SGA funding request deadline for student organizations is 3/15 for any events, programs, or trips that need funding. They will continue to meet with organizations who have requests in by the deadline!
- Winning 2019 Homecoming theme: Cirque de Pirates!
- Save The Date: Barefoot on the Mall will be on 4/23/19!