Nominations Open for 2016 Spring University Awards
Mar 2, 2016 by Wendy Marshall
Nominations for the 2016 Spring University Awards are now open and we invite you (and/or encourage others) to nominate students, faculty, staff, administrators and community members you think are deserving. There are two categories in which you are able to nominate. A brief description of each award is provided below.
- Norris Medal: Given to the best all-around graduating senior student (who graduated in August or December 2015 or will graduate in May 2016). The Norris Medal is considered the most prestigious award given to an undergraduate.
- Matt Locke Award: Awarded to one student for outstanding leadership with regard to service and devotion to mankind and Clemson University.
- Frank A. Burtner Scholarship: Given to a student (rising junior or senior) who displays exemplary leadership qualities and has an outstanding academic record.
- Algernon Sydney Sullivan Student Award: Presented to senior students (one male and one female) for service to campus and community.
To nominate for a student award click here. (Deadline to submit a student award nomination is Friday, March 4, 11:59 pm) NOTE: Once you submit a nomination for a student, s/he will be notified via an automatically generated email and asked to apply online no later than Thursday, March 10, 11:59 pm.
Students can also self-nominate by clicking here. Deadline, March 10, 11:59 pm.
- Frank A. Burtner Advising Award: This award includes an annual cash prize for the advisor of students (academic or non-academic); or student organizations who excels in developing students in the area of leadership, devotion to duty and service.
- Algernon Sydney Sullivan Non-Student Award: Given in recognition of the recipient’s influence for good, excellence in maintaining high ideals of living, and service before self. Recipient should have an interest in or be associated with Clemson University and live within the State of South Carolina. Nominations are open to local and state community members as well as current Clemson faculty, staff and administrators.
To nominate for a non-student award click here. (Deadline to submit non-student award nominations is Wednesday, March 4, 11:59 pm)
For questions, contact Benardo J. Dargan, Special Assistant to the Senior Associate Vice President, BDARGAN@clemson.edu, 864-656-9346.