Associated Students | Produce Growers (PG) Grant Application
- PG Grants will only be awarded to regularly matriculated students of Sonoma State University.
- Graduating seniors, graduate students and students starting their 5th year (or more) are only eligible to receive a grant in the first review period (the initial specified date of review)
- Students receiving grants in the final review period must be enrolled as a full-time student for the upcoming fall semester.
- PG Grants will be awarded at specific dates with in the academic calendar – spaced apart approximately monthly, with the exception of NO grants being awarded in March or April.
- PG Grants will run on the Associated Students’ fiscal year. If five grants are approved prior to June 30 of a given year, no new grants will be available until the first day of instruction of the following fall semester.
- Officers and employees of the Associated Students, and its programs, are not eligible to receive a PG Grant.
- First priority will go to applicants who have applied before but were denied due to a limited number of available grants and have never received a PG Grant.
- Second priority will go to applicants who are applying for a PG Grant for the first time.
- Third priority will go to applicants who applied before and were denied a grant based on a problem with their application materials, but have never received a PG Grant.
- Fourth priority will go to applicants who are prior recipients of a PG Grant.
- The aforementioned priority rankings will be applied to valid applications in the queue on the specified date of review.
Processing & Payment
- Applicants will receive notice on the disposition of their application no more than one week from the specified date of review. Notification will be in the form of e-mail to the address on the application.
- Applicants will be reimbursed for expenses incurred against their grant all at one time. Request for reimbursement must include: an AS Expenditure voucher, original itemized receipts and a CA 204 from the grantee.
- It is preferred that applicants using the grant to purchase insurance use an AS credit card, from an AS professional staff member, to make the purchase.
- Students who receive a grant but withdraw from the university, drop all their classes, etc. will be responsible to reimburse the Associated Students for the amount expended from their grant.