Lobby Corps Application
Potential Lobby Corp Members should be prepared to represent Sonoma State students to our local Assembly, Senate, and Congressmen. Serving on Lobby Corp will give students an opportunity to meet with local legislators, gain public speaking skills, and be the groundwork for change at the capitol. They should also be ready to take the opportunity to make lobby calls and visits to local legislator’s offices as well as Sacramento (most transportation provided by Associated Students).
- Participate in bi-weekly meetings for the entire academic year
- Council and educate AS senate on which bills to support or oppose to properly represent our student body
- Research and discuss legislative issues.-selected bills during meetings.
- Be available for calls and meeting with local and state legislatures
- Generate awareness of Lobby Corps. events such as capital hearings, conferences, legislative visits, capitol tours, etc.
- Participate in events (i.e. public hearings, press conferences, CHESS, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse student population
While Lobby Corps is a volunteer program, an interview will be scheduled with the Student Government Coordinator and the Legislative Affairs and Special Projects Coordinator.
It is important to remember that you do not need to be a Political Science major to be involved in Sonoma State Lobby Corp. These issues we will be advocating for impact every California State Student, and even students across the country.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Government Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Student Activities Office on the 2nd Floor of the Student Center.