Get Your Guns Up for DECA Tech!
Apr 21, 2016 by Kelsey M Jackson
On April 15-19, DECA Tech attended/competed at the Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Washington DC and they are coming back to Lubbock with some AMAZING achievements:
- Third Place Overall in the International Marketing Competitive Event: DECA Tech students Sean Lewis & CJ Dehaan (They were also top 10 finalists in the preliminary competition held Monday.)
- Executive Leadership Passport Award: Texas Tech University
- Chapter Leadership Award: Sarah Davila, President, DECA Tech
- Chapter Community Service Award: Texas Tech University
- Association Membership Increase Award: Texas Tech University
Having a third place finish at such a competitive event is outstanding. All of the students accomplished so much to start this organization and earn their way to this competition. Especially noteworthy is that they are all freshman, and this organization has only been in existence since November! It will be exciting to see what all these students will accomplish during their time at Texas Tech!
DECA Tech International Career Development Conference Participants:
- James Caden
- Sarah Davila
- CJ Dehaan
- Kathryn Esparza
- Sean Lewis
Has your organization done something AMAZING! Let us know by emailing us at StudentOrgs@ttu.edu!