2017 Student Volunteer Move-In Day Registration Form (Student Organization Members Only!)
2017 Sac State Move-In Day
Friday, August 25th at the Housing & Residence Life Quad & Alumni Center
Move-In Day is one of Sac State's most exciting annual traditions! Every year, over 300 student volunteers help to move in 2100 on-campus students into the residence halls.
As a Move-In Day volunteer, you will:
- Meet new/returning students and their families while helping them carry or roll their belongings into their residence hall.
- Receive a FREE Move-In Day volunteer T-Shirt and complimentary meal.
- Talk with new students about getting involved on campus.
- And HAVE FUN!
Complete this online registration form to be a Move-In Day volunteer TODAY! All volunteers must be a registered club or organization member. DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS THURSDAY, AUGUST 17TH!
There are several volunteer positions to choose from. (Note: Your selection is not 100% guaranteed. All positions, other than "movers," will be on a first come, first serve basis) Please select your top two volunteer positions (#1 - bring your most desired):
- UTAPS Bus Host: This person is assigned to the UTAPs bus to greet and talk with parents/students as they travel to the complex. This person will have a radio. (5 volunteers MAX)
- Movers: These volunteers are assigned a specific hall/location area to assist with unloading cars and transporting items to the student’s specific room. They are to maintain control of the student’s item with the student at all times. They will carry items to the room as well as use a move-in bin to assist with personal belongings to the room. This person is to stay at assigned area until shift ends/changes.
After selecting your volunteer role, please indicate which shift you would like to fill (you may sign-up for multiple shifts):
- 7:00am - 10:00am
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- 11:00am - 2:00pm
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Thank you for volunteering to welcome our new students to the wonderful campus life of Sacramento State! Further details regarding volunteer expectations will be emailed to you approximately one week before Move-In Day.