2017 Graduation Section Speaker Audition Application (Form 1 of 2)
Each section’s diploma distribution site may select one representative from that site to give the student commencement speech during the individual diploma distribution ceremonies. The speech is limited to 5 minutes and the selection is made by graduating students voting online. There is no limit to the number of individuals from each section/diploma distribution site that can submit a video of their speech for consideration by their graduating peers. The video is an audition designed to showcase the graduates’ speaking and presentation skills, so the speech in the video must be the speech that the graduate will give at the ceremony.
Please note: The Dean of Students must approve all speeches prior to Commencement.
In order to submit a video for the voting process, graduates must first register using this form. Voting will occur in April.
Steps to the Audition:
1. Submit registration information on this form.
2. Review the Public Speaking Suggestions and Video Upload Instructions, below.
3. Submit the following on the Graduation Section Speaker Video Submission form https://orgsync.com/18903/forms/96567: link to your video from YouTube, upload a 120 word bio, and the text of your speech.
4. Videos and bios will be posted on WestLaw TWEN in April for voting by your peers within your graduating student section.
5. The speaker receiving the most votes from each section will be notified following the voting period. The selected speakers must meet with the Office of Student Life to prepare for the speech at the diploma distribution ceremony.