I hope everyone has had a good semester so far. I would love for people to get more involved and reach out to want to join Phi Alpha. I am hoping to pull in some new members and start to become apart of our community. We will be doing volunteer work for the community. I am available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text at 517-719-1975. I would love to hear from some new members.
An Interntional Honors Society for Social Work Students
Please enter just the Box Number or File.
New RSOs who have not been approved yet, please enter "File."
- Don't know yet
What else should people know about your meetings? Do you only meet once a month? Do attendees need to be added to an agenda? Is the location hard to find? If attendees need ADA accommodations, whom should they contact?
We are trying to build up this RSO. We would like to make it easy for members to attend meetings, our plan is to have our meetings online. These will be once a week or once a month. This will depend on the number of members. I am planning on using a video chat or maybe do a group text. We shall see what happens.
Does your organization have a mission statement, catch phrase, or other marketing description? Information provided here may be used in university publications, websites, or other materials.
The purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
If your organization has selective membership, please describe the selection process. This may include a GPA requirement, try-outs, degree program, etc.
National Qualifications for Individual Membership:
1) Declared social work as a major.
2) Achieved sophomore status.
3) Completed 9 semester hours of required social work courses.
4) Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
5) Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in required social work courses.
6) Each chapter may select two persons each year for honorary membership. This recognition is available to persons outside the program who have made a significant contribution to the program and/or society.
7) A lifetime membership fee of $20 for each individual member is paid only once. (Due after initiation).
8) Each semester of collegiate membership is $10 for each individual member. (Due after initiation).
Why should people join? What makes your group special? What will students gain by being a member?
We are just starting to get things back up and moving. I would love for students to understand this is a honors society, we will be volunteering and helping to better our community. I would love for students to enjoy being apart of this RSO.
Good Standing (Non-Financial)