Peer Mentor of the Year Award Nomination
The purpose of the Peer Mentor of the Year award is to recognize a student who has been a mentor to another student, student group, or exemplified other peer mentorship at the University of Utah.
This student must have had mentorship experience in the past year and has displayed leadership qualities within this role. Additionally, the student must be a positive role model to all students across campus.
Suggested Writing Topics*
In writing a nomination for the Peer Mentor of the Year, you may write about, but are not limited to, the topics listed below:
- How has this individual contributed to the growth and development of the student or organization they mentor?
- What is the most memorable thing this individual has done for the students or organization?
- What impact has this individual had on the campus and the students they were involved with?
- Describe how the mentor supports the goals and mission of the university.
- Describe the mentor’s leadership accomplishments.
- Describe the student’s level of commitment to their area of leadership.
- How is it that you are aware of this mentor’s leadership?
*Remember that all of the suggested writing topics do not need to be answered. The suggested writing topics are here to help you write a strong nomination.
Please limit response to no more than 2 pages, single-spaced.